Bistro Fruit Tart
This is a very quick and easy tart to make, using store bought filo dough. A variety of fruit can be used including apples and pears or even mango or nectarine. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream.
Posted by Victoria : September 10, 2004 01:46 PM to Low-Fat
| Freezer Friendly
- Heat the oven to 400°F
- Mix the brown sugar and cinnamon together.
- Keeping the rest of the filo covered with a damp dish towel, lay one sheet on a baking sheet and brush with melted butter and sprinkle on one sixth of the sugar mixture.
- Lay another sheet of filo on top, and repeat the butter and sugar laying for each of the other 5 sheets.
- Trim the edges of the pastry to neaten.
- Peel, core and thinly slice the apples. Then arrange the slices in neat rows across the layered filo, to cover it completely.
- Brush with melted butter and sprinkle over the remaining sugar.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool on the baking tray, then cut into fingers and serve.
Email this recipe | Printer-friendly version